MailScan 6.x for Lotus Notes is a specially designed solution that acts as a Content Security and Anti-Virus Software between your Corporate Lotus Notes Mail Server and the Internet. It scans, analyzes and cleans incoming and outgoing e-mails on a real-time basis, before they are delivered to the clients or the servers on your network. This version, allows you to scan internal mails (local user to local user) and external mails (local user to Internet, Internet to local user). All MailScan processes are multi-threaded. This ensures that all e-mails are parallely processed.
All types of attachments are handled by MailScan, including MIME and UUEncoded. Other types that are supported include RFC822 attachments, embedded e-mail, Multipart-Mixed and Multipart-Digest types.
Looking for Benefits? Here they are!
· Archival of email and attachments
· Advanced Anti-Virus Protection
· Content checking within emails
· Compression of email attachments
· User based email scanning options
· Generic Attachment Analyzer
· Automatic Compression / Decompression feature
· Comprehensive Notification engine
· Extensive reports
· Managed Email Ids
USPs offered by MailScan
- No port settings or changes need to be done inside Lotus Notes.
- Dedicated gateway machine not needed for using MailScan. MailScan works along with Lotus Notes on the same machine.
- Unlike other products, you will NOT lose any of the SMTP functionality provided by Lotus Notes, when using MailScan.
- Manual and scheduled scanning can be done for Lotus Notes NSF files.
Points to Note
MailScan will work with Lotus Notes version 4.6 and above
Support for versions 4.x.x to 7.x.x (32 bit)
Support for version 8.x.x (32 bit and 64 bit)
Will Your System Support This Software? You can find it here…
Windows® 2000 Service Pack 4 and Rollup pack 1, Windows® XP, Windows® Vista®,
Windows® 7, Windows® 8, Windows® 10, Windows® Server 2000, Windows® Server 2003,
Windows® Server 2003 R2, Windows® Server 2008 (Including R2) and Windows® Server 2012
CPU: 2GHz Intel™ Core™ Duo processor or equivalent
Memory: 2GB RAM
Web Browser: Microsoft® Internet Explorer 7.0 & above
Display: High-color display with a resolution of 640x480 pixels or higher recommended)
Disk Space: 2GB of free space
Current Version: 7.0a